Friday, October 29, 2010

My TOP 10 for Halloween ;0)

Like most people Halloween is one of my favorite holidays,  but I can watch and enjoy watching scary movies all year long... just not by myself ;)
*** Also, I know not all of my choices leave you sleepless, some are just enjoyable to watch.

Here are my favorite Halloween/ scary movies: (The order is debatable)

Enjoy!

1. The Exorcist (1973)
I remember the first time I watched it. I was 12 years old and at a friends having a slumber party. It was the first time I had ever experienced "devil type" movies and I was scared SHITLESS! So much so that I had to call my dad to come pick me up at midnight from the friends house. I didn't watch it again until well into my twenties.

2. The Ring (2002)
Ok... A girl climbing out of a TV.... enough said. Enough to make you not turn on the tv for a good week. Also, I think every house and every town has mysterious pasts that are a bit creepy.

3. Paranormal Activity (2007)
Although I missed the last (and said to be the scariest) 2 minutes because I closed my eyes, I truly was terrified the first time I saw this. I don't do well with sci-fi , demonic hauntings. I watch wayyyy to many ghost hunter stories and this one hit way too close to home.

4.  The Shining (1980)
Besides the fact that Stanley Kubrick is a genius, this movie seriously has scare factor. RED RUM... Yikes. Isn't every one's fear of being stuck somewhere with no way of getting out and then getting so paranoid that you can't tell whats real or fake.

5. What Lies Beneath (2000)
This has serious spook factor because the twist becomes so intense. It makes you wonder if you really know those you live with. Women lie. Men lie. Hmmm.... maybe not ;)

6. Saw series (2004- present)
Yes, I know it has become a little played out but I still really enjoy it and am REALLY looking forward to seeing the last installment in 3D.  Plus, I truly believe we have psychos out there. The gore and the way he kills people is a little stomach wrenching but can you imagine being one of Jigsaw's victims. Umm, no thanks.

7.  I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997)
Typical teen slasher film but highly enjoyable. Doesn't leave me sleepless, heck I could fall asleep to it but it is a great watch. Kevin Williamson  perfected that genre. He is also responsible for Teaching Mrs. Tingle, Vampire Diaries, and Scream.

8. The Hills Have Eyes (2006)
A family being stalked and tortured by another family. Knowing you are going to get murdered and eaten by your own kind sucks. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT watch this one alone. It is super scary. Also, don't marry your first cousin ;)

9. Blair Witch Project (1999)
LOVE IT. Mind you I did see the midnight showing and did not know it was a movie. Also, the cast did not have scripts was extra spooky. This movie serious left my mind in a maze for days. Truly terrified and well the idea of this was GENIUS. Once the secret was out, I rested easier but I still have a tough time watching this one.

10. The Sixth Sense  (1999)
His gift is well a curse. The twist on this has you so creeped out, you have to watch it again just to catch all the signs. I still love this one. I miss the old M. Night Shamylan on a side note.

No comments:

Post a Comment