Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Top 10 Christmas Movies ;)


Here's my favorite Christmas movies of all time... I have to watch them every year and not just at Christmas because the spirit of Christmas should be in our lives everyday.

10. Bridget Jones Diary (2001)
Renee Zellweger plays Bridget, a woman who on the midst of Christmas Eve and her impending 30th birthday decides she needs to change her life to find love and happiness... she documents her year in her diary. Its a sweet story of a woman's journey that I am all to familiar with.

9. A Christmas Story (1983)
This is probably much higher on most people's list but I have just seen it too many times. It 100% reminds me of what my dad's childhood must have been like and I am pretty sure my dad has told me he did ask for a Red Ryder BB Gun.

8. Bad Santa (2003)
It took a bad man (Billy Bob Thorton) that robs department stores on Christmas Eve meeting a young boy and loving bartender to make him change his ways.  This raunchy film is one of my favorites... and also is the theme of our annual party.

7. The Family Man (2000)
Besides the fact that Tea Leone is adorable, this really warms your heart. It's like a "what if" story. What if life had turned out differently? What if you left all the greed and money behind and led a more fulfilling life with family and the suburbs? It's a modern day version of Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol".

6. ELF (2003)
Will Farrell's journey to find his dad after growing up in the north pole. Its hilarious and touching. It also has a sweet message about love and accepting those around us that might not be like us.

5. Home Alone (1990)
My favorite movie as a kid. I still love watching it with the kids in my family during Christmas.  When Kevin gets left behind on a large family vacation he has no choice but to create his own Christmas. Only to realize how much he actually loves and misses his own family.

4. The Polar Express (2004)
My mom, Riley, and I went to see this super sweet 3D movie years ago and it has stuck with me ever since. I really love the animation and the theme. A little boy is at the age where he is doubting Santa Clause but a magical trip on the Polar Express brings him back to reality and what being a kid during Christmas is all about.

3. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989)
Christmas with the Griswold's is the best! This is my favorite of the Lampoon series. When Clark's Christmas bonus hasn't come yet his Christmas turns a bit stress full, but in typical Griswold fashion all works out to their advantage in the end. This movie reminds me of every American family that has too many in laws and family members. I absolutely LOVE this one.

2.  It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
Probably the most classic Christmas movie out. The generosity of Jimmy Stewart's character to his hometown is immense and I think especially these days everyone can relate to how his character feels when he is so overwhelmed financially and emotionally. What would life be like without me in it?  Its a true story of compassion and love and I have to see it every Christmas.

1.  Love Actually (2003)
This is not just my favorite Christmas movie but it is my favorite movie of ALL time. Yes, I know it's a chick flick but it is such a beautiful story about love and the lives it is connected to. Christmas brings out the love around and it should be felt all year round. Its about what you give up to find love, and what you do keep love... and love in family and friendships as well as falling in love. "Love is all around."

Hope you like my list ;) Try and watch them all this year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment