Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010: Gone Like The Wind.. humble pie and all ;)


OHHH Humble pie... you are bittersweet

I was super excited about starting 2010. But this year took a crazy turn of obstacles that one never can foresee. So 2010 is almost over. THANK GOD. Do not get me wrong... I praise him every day I am alive and am grateful for every experience and lesson I have learned in this life that we so often take for granted. But a new beginning could not be more warranted and exciting! And I am EXCITED.

I have eaten a major slice of humble pie this year financially. I know the economy has been bad and I invested my interests in somethings that didn't pan out. Made some not so great decisions and lost my motivation on some projects that weren't panning out. But again a lesson learned. That's the joy of a new year starting. For some odd reason the majority of people get motivated and inspired and refreshed with new goals and a new sense of future accomplishment and I am one of those people. I have recently had a renewed sense of where I want my career to go and I am making my dreams a reality.

I have also been humbled by the ending of a very long relationship and most importantly friendship that I deeply valued.That was tough. It was not easy to accept the reality of it and for a while I tried to fight it. Everyday for about 3 months I felt like I was in a twisted, sick nightmare; regretting the years of watching sweet romantic chick flicks that always had it "working out in the end". In my best Aldous Snow voice "Bull shit, bull shit, bull shit".  Whats more tough was losing my best friend. I have learned though that without an incredible support system of friends and family, you NEVER get through the tough times. Luckily, I have gotten though them and I am very excited about starting the New Year with no romantic strings attached. I am going to try (and I say try, because I am a serial monogamist) and stay single for one whole year, My 30th year of life.

My very spontaneous and irrational move to New Orleans, again humbling. Sometimes we make a decision without even realizing the effect it may have on our lives. And sometimes the reason we think we are moving can take on an entirely different meaning and teach us a lesson that we never thought we needed to learn. I had that experience.

God is funny and he works in strange and mysterious ways but I believe (with my whole heart) that he has the best and most sincere intentions for us even if at the time we can't see what they are. So as one chapter of life closes, another opens. People come into our lives for certain reasons and seasons and leave just the same. So Cheer's to another year of Life. I am looking forward to the prosperity of it and savoring every moment!

My Lessons for Life and the New Year :

Savor the HEALTHY relationships in life with family and friends.
Let go of the past, Look forward to the future but FOCUS on the PRESENT.
Choose to do something you LOVE and you will be successful.
What's meant to be WILL and DOES happen.
Savor the SMALL things.
Live and Love like its your LAST day.
ALWAYS say how you feel, we never know when it's too late.
It's God's time, NOT ours.
Talk less and LISTEN more.
LEARN from your mistakes, APOLOGIZE and then MOVE on.
Don't hold hate in your heart for even a second. Resentment is TOO powerful.
If your not good enough for someone, move on. Every relationship should be about PRAISE.
and DO YOU.... Unless you are happy with yourself, you can't give anything to anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment